I’m Sean Nemecek and I help Christian Leaders find new hope and health for life and ministry.
If you’re a pastor or church leader who needs encouragement, help, or a listening ear, please contact me.
— Sean Nemecek
- Author of The Weary Leader’s Guide to Burnout: A Journey from Exhaustion to Wholeness Zondervan Reflective, March 28, 2023
- West Michigan Regional Director for Pastor-in-Residence Ministries.
- Co-host of the Hope Renewed podcast.
- Clergy Coach.
- Certified PRO-D facilitator.
- Spiritual director and graduate of the Soul Care Institute.
- Provides training in soul care and leadership.
- Consults for churches and leadership teams.
- Leads workshops and retreats.
- Served as an ordained pastor for 18 years.
- MDiv from Grand Rapids Theological Seminary.
- Blogs at The Pastor’s Soul.
I work to bring new hope and health to hurting pastors and their families. During my 18 years as a pastor, I went through serious ministry burnout. To recover I needed help but didn’t know where to turn. So, I built a team of people to help me— a friend, a mentor, a coach, a spiritual director, and a counselor. This approach was expensive and time-consuming, but it worked.
Now, I provide the support to other pastors that wasn’t readily available to me. Since joining PIR Ministries in January of 2020, I’ve helped many pastors and their spouses navigate burnout, forced exit, or other ministry stress. My first goal is to be a friend — someone provides a safe space for pastors to be themselves without asking anything from them. If these pastors choose, I also offer clergy coaching, ministry assessments, or mentoring.
My book, The Weary Leader’s Guide to Burnout, comes out of my own experience and coaching other pastors through burnout. It takes Christian leaders on a journey from burnout through recovery and on to spiritual transformation.
By understanding the causes and symptoms of their burnout these leaders will be ready to take practical, actionable steps toward recovery. Then, if they choose, they will be poised to do the inner work of spiritual transformation by the power and guidance of the Holy Spirit. In the end, these leaders will emerge from burnout more confident in Christ, more connected with others, and with greater purpose, courage, and grace in their leadership.
PIR Ministries is faith-based nonprofit para-clergy ministry. We each raise our own support so that we don’t need to charge pastors for our help. It’s always a challenge to raise enough support to keep going, but I would do this work for free if I could. If you would like to learn more this ministry, please contact me or you can make a special or recurring donation here.
Sean Nemecek’s Services: